Based in Aberdeen, South Dakota
18 May, 2010
Apple App Store
DescriptionSprite Something is a drawing, animation and tilemap application for pixel artists and game developers. Draw multiple frames individually, then quickly drag and drop frames into an animation, or use your frames to draw tilemaps for your game levels. Export your creations to PNG, animated GIF's and CSV files (tilemaps).
HistorySprite Something was created out of the need for a pixel editor to easily create multiple frames and export spritesheets. Drag and drop animation was added to one of the early updates, as well as GIF export. Later, Tilemap creation was added so users could do more with their pixel artwork. The latest update (2.01) adds iCloud, Dropbox and Photo Library support, new tools and tool options, and better UI navigation flow.
- create sprite sheets / tiles for use in games
- edit frames individually and conveniently
- animation: drag and drop animation frames
- supports portrait and landscape views
- pan/zoom editing image
- Dropbox import/export
- Photo Library import/export
- add custom GIMP color palettes
- RGB/HSB color select
- scalable preview to see your pixel work at multiple sizes
- onion skinning for easy tracing or cloning frame
- Place photos behind editing area
- Assignable three and four finger swipe gestures
- add new or save out your drawings through iTunes file sharing
- Export via email
- Individual frame export
- GIF export: save and email gif previews of your animations
- Generates Flixel and FlashPunk actionscript
- Universal app, works on iPod, iPhone and iPad
- iOS 5.0+ compatible
- Optimized for Retina display (iPad and iPhone)
Awards & Recognition
Sprite Something has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Terrible Games
We make games and tools for game makers. We try to inject a bit of humor and wit into the games we create.
More information on Terrible Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Sprite Something Credits